You will never miss the meat in this recipe!!!
I seriously like it better than a regular beef & been burrito.
The first time I made these, I made them as a 'side' dish for nachos (just in case they weren't good then we would have something else to eat!) After one bite I knew the dinner was overkill! i didn't eat but two nachos and the rest of my time was spent enjoying these new found favorites!
Super easy to make, and super flavorful!!!!
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes (peel, dice into small cubes... like 1/2")
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can corn, drained (if you don't know what to do with the rest of the corn, dump it all in!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like to grate my own-it melts better than pre-grated that has anti-caking agents added to them....)
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese, melted
- 3/4 cup salsa (I used my special almost homemade Rotel salsa)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- few dashes of salt & pepper
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Place potatoes in a sauce pan and fill w/ just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are JUST tender. You don't want them too done or they will become mush when you mix them for the filling. Drain.
In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, black beans, corn and cheese. Toss well.
In a small bowl, melt cream cheese in microwave until soft. Add salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper. Mix well. Pour over filling mixture and gently stir to combine.
Preheat oven 375 degrees.
Take about 1/2 cup of the filling and line along the bottom third of the tortilla. Roll up and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Do the same with remaining tortillas.
In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add olive oil. Brush a thin layer butter/oil over top of burritos.
Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are browned and filling is heated through.
These are so filling!!!! I ate one.... of course I loved it so much I had to eat another one.... Oie... I was stuffed!